Friday, February 16, 2018

Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight: Harris LaRock


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight” hairstyle of the week.  This will be published on Fridays)
 

Player:  Harris LaRock

Hair Nickname(s): This hair is too good for a nickname

The Story Behind the Hair:  I don’t know.  I just think it looks good.  Everyone does it for hockey but I just do it because I look good. 

Hair Product(s):  Weekends and no practice I go with the Dr. Bronner’s 18:1 all in one.  Days when we have morning practice I use whatever someone has next to me.  I’ll take whatever people can give me as long as my hair looks good.

Hair Primping Secret(s): I have first period off so after practice I go home and comb the sides back and make sure it’s looking good on the ends.  The secret is just that I don’t just take care of it in the locker room.

One Word to Describe Your Family’s Feelings about Your Hair:  I don’t think they really care. My older brother Addison two years ago wanted to get matching mullets but he didn’t get it so I was left hanging with my mullet.

Teammate Whose Hair You Would Most Like to Have: Hans or Rowan – they have good hair, especially Rowan.  He doesn’t do anything to his hair but it looks OK.

Rink Talk:  Leading all of NHIAA Division I goaltenders in goals against average and playing every minute of every game for the Marauders this year, we assumed Harris’s strut had everything to with his leading the team to a first place record approaching playoff time.  Boy were we mistaken.  After meeting for the hair interview this week, we now know that Harris’s confidence has nothing to do with his sterling play between the pipes and everything to do with the salad he is currently sporting around town.  Think you can leave your little brother hanging with a mullet this year Addison?  No chance now that Harris is bringing it with the Dr. Bonners 18:1. Hey Wilson, Williams, Seelig and Zinman and any of you other teammates who are getting shoutouts for great hair in the profile this year and are vying for team hair supremacy – while all of you guys are pulling out your notebooks during period 1, you know where your competition is?  He is at home, combing and primping and getting ready for his grand school entrance for period 2 because by the time you are a hockey playing high school senior, you have life’s priorities completely figured out – college, hockey, hair – and not necessarily in that order.  Social studies or salad? We all know which choice this senior savant has made. So despite being stymied all year in our attempt to find that telltale goalie quirk (i.e. Grant Snow kissing the pipes before every game) that all of the greats have, we now know that Harris’s quirk is taking care of that world class flow.  If the rest of the league was smart and wanted to beat the Marauders this year, forget about double-teaming Lehmann, instead just skate up to Harris in the first period and whisper this confidence-drainer in his ear “The split ends are killing the flow LaRock.” Great goalie, exquisite flow, even better kid – thanks for the incredible year Harris.  

No comments:

Post a Comment