Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight: Matty Gardner


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight”.  This feature will be published on Mondays throughout the season)

Player:  Matty Gardner

Number: 19

Grade: Freshman

Position: Defense

Hometown: Norwich

Years on Varsity: 1

Youth Hockey Experience: I started playing hockey when I was four and lived in Rochester, Minnesota.  When I moved to Vermont I played for the Hanover Wild through Pee Wees.  I played Bantam for the Manchester Junior Monarchs and Vermont Flames and split-season Midget with the Vermont Flames.

Favorite Part of Playing for Hanover High: Playing for coach Dodds is awesome and being part of the Hanover tradition.

Best Team Hockey Moment: Winning the Pee Wee Tier I state tournament for Pee Wee Elite.

Best Personal Hockey Moment: When I was playing the Rhode Island Saints in Tier I Regionals I had a breakaway goal to win the game in the third period.

Favorite Sport Besides Hockey: Soccer

Favorite Professional Team: New England Patriots

One Interesting Fact to Share About Myself I've won our family's summer cornhole tournament on Martha's Vineyard for four straight years.

 

Blogs coming this week: Tuesday and Wednesday Concord game recaps; Friday Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight; Saturday Bishop Brady game recap

 

No comments:

Post a Comment