Friday, December 15, 2017

Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight: Braxton McNulty



(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight” hairstyle of the week.  This will be published on Fridays)

Player:  Braxton McNulty

Hair Nickname(s): The Fro; The Embarrassment

The Story Behind the Hair:  I call it the “fro” because there is so much life to it, such a surprise every morning when I wake up because I don’t know what to expect.  It is a surprise every day.  I try to have some curls in the back and wings on the side.  I usually wear a baseball hat but with winter coming I am wearing a winter hat now and this could change my look a little bit.  My hair is kind of disappointing to my mom – she is from the South.  She recommended that if I wanted to get a date to the holiday dance I needed to cut my hair shorter.  I had to shave the beard because of the dance but I think the beard will make an appearance again in mid-January. My dad loves the beard – there has been a lot of family debate.

Hair Product(s): Alba Botanica, Garnier Fructis, Dove for Men

Hair Primping Secret(s): I primarily use alba botanica shampoo and conditioner (two bottles). I am a huge fan due to the fruity smell and always buy the mango kind. For showering at the rink, I use garnier fructis. I am a big fan of the kinds that leave a fruit smell. Occasionally I even mix with herbal essences to get a different player in the mix. On game days I’ll sometimes just use conditioner and not shampoo which will make it soft and give it a nice bounce.

One Word to Describe Your Family’s Feelings about Your Hair:  Mom – Embarrassed   Sister – Horrified     Dad - Impressed

Rink Talk: This is a beast-like offering from your captain.  He’s saying “Follow-me team. I’m strong. I’m confident. I’m your leader. I’ve got the hair.”  When it’s the third period and you’ve just turned that puck over in the neutral zone and you’re scared all you have to do is look over at the Aslan-like mane sitting atop #16 and know that everything will be OK.  Also, for you parents out there, hair like this helps get your child into Wake Forest.

1 comment: