Monday, December 18, 2017

Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight: Harris LaRock


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight”.  This feature will be published on Mondays throughout the season)


Player:  Harris LaRock

Number: 35

Position: Goalie

Hometown: Norwich

Years on Varsity: 3

Youth Hockey Experience: I played for the Hanover Wild throughout all of youth hockey.  I started in Learn to Play as a skater and went ½ way through Mites as a defender.  I started as goalie ½ way through Mites when the goalie we had didn’t want to play.  I got forced to play that game and continued to play the whole year – we won the state championship as Mites that year.  I was hooked on goalie after that.  I played goalie throughout my time with the Wild but I never ended up winning another state championship.

Favorite Part of Playing for Hanover High: I like the brotherhood aspect.  When I played for the Wild, I wasn’t that close to anyone on the team.  Everyone on this team is a lot closer.  We do more together and really all get along

Best Team Hockey Moment: The best is yet to come

Best Personal Hockey Moment: I won the Leave No Doubt Lunch Bucket Award against Londonderry – this was my first varsity game that I started

Favorite Sport Besides Hockey: Baseball

Favorite Professional Team: Patriots

One Interesting Fact to Share About Myself:  I own about 50 hats and about 30 Hawaiian shirts

 

Blogs coming this week: Thursday Nashua game recap; Friday Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight; Saturday Bedford game recap

No comments:

Post a Comment