Friday, December 22, 2017

Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight: Sam Seelig

(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight” hairstyle of the week.  This will be published on Fridays)

 

Player:  Sam Seelig

Hair Nickname(s): The Mop, The Fro


The Story Behind the Hair: My hair actually didn't get curly until I was in about 7th grade. That was also when I let it get as long it's ever been so that's where the nickname "the mop" came from. With curly hair you never know what it's going to look like when you wake up, and going to sleep with wet hair is playing an especially dangerous game. Lately I prefer it to be shorter, but I've been letting it grow so I can have a good mullet for playoffs. Last year I made the mistake of getting it cut mid-season, which won't happen again. I'm excited to see whether it keeps growing up and to the sides or whether it will eventually start to grow down. 

Hair Product(s): At home: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo/Conditioner; At the Rink: Nivea 3in1 and Hans's Pantene Conditioner

Hair Primping Secret(s): The key is to leave some conditioner in your hair and then gently dry without rubbing otherwise it gets really frizzy. Shampoo and conditioner meant specifically for curly hair is also key. I can do this at home, but at the rink it is much easier to use 3in1 then to trade for some extra conditioner because that way I only have to carry one bottle. Because of this my hair is usually much frizzier after morning practice than after I shower at home. 

One Word to Describe Your Family’s Feelings about Your Hair: Surprised 

Rink Talk: One of the reasons we love this look is that it never takes an off-season.  Most players start growing their hockey hair when the leaves start to fall – not this guy.  When everyone else is lining up at the Colonial Barber shop in March for their post-season trim, #12 is just starting to get his grow on.  And with all due respect to the Sabres alternate captain, you wear the look much better than Jack Eichel ever did.  Strong hair from a strong player – we respect the effort and commitment #12.

No comments:

Post a Comment