Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight: Duncan Bailey


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight” hairstyle of the week.  This will be published hopefully on Fridays)



Player:  Duncan Bailey


Hair Nickname(s): The King; The Grease Pit; Crisco; The Deep Fryer

The Story Behind the Hair:  I got a trim right before school but haven’t gotten it cut since. I’ve always had longer hair and I like to keep it long until it gets annoying

Hair Product(s): I use whatever product is in the house – I’ve been using butter lately

Hair Primping Secret(s): I wet it every day but don’t always use shampoo.  Sometimes I just brush it after a practice and then throw on a hat.

One Word to Describe Your Family’s Feelings about Your Hair:  Greasy

Teammate Whose Hair You Would Most Like to Have: Hans – long, flowing, not greasy - perfect

Rink Talk:  We conducted this hair interview in front of six of Duncan’s teammates who all had the chance to tell their hair story before the King got his chance at last.  Well, you know that line in the Charlie Daniels song the Devil Went Down to Georgia that goes “The devil bowed his head because he knew that he’d been beat and he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny’s feet.”  Well – that’s what happened.  When the King took off his hat, told us that his hair primping secret involved butter and that shampoo in his life was optional, you could see the tenuous confidence just evaporate from the juniors and sophomores in attendance, and the lone freshman just looked at Duncan with awestruck reverance as if he had just met Mila Kunis.  I myself knew that I was in the presence of hair greatness and that the King was now in the building.  All hail King Duncan Bailey – nasty player with a regal salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment