Monday, January 29, 2018

Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight: Sy Oberting


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight”.  This feature will be published on Mondays throughout the season)


Player:  Sy Oberting

Number: 4

Position: Defense

Hometown: Hanover

Years on Varsity: 1

Year: Sophomore

Youth Hockey Experience: I played for the Hanover Wild up until Pee Wees.  I then played for the Manchester Monarchs for first year Bantam, and then the Vermont Flames for second year Bantam and Midget split-season.

Favorite Part of Playing for Hanover High:  The guys and being part of this team both on the ice and in school.

Best Team Hockey Moment:  Beating Nashua to win the Tier I state championship for Hanover when I was a second year Pee Wee.

Best Personal Hockey Moment: Scoring my first varsity goal in an empty netter this year against Londonderry

Favorite Sport Besides Hockey: Lacrosse

Favorite Professional Team: Los Angeles Raiders

One Interesting Fact to Share About Myself:  I am not the best Oberting hockey player.  The best player in our family is Reed. I also have never broken a bone.

 

Blogs coming this week: Tuesday Pinkerton game recap; Friday Hanover Hockey Hair Spotlight; Saturday Manchester Central game recap

No comments:

Post a Comment