Monday, January 1, 2018

Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight: Braxton McNulty


(Bloggers note: Each week during the season we will feature a “Hanover Hockey Player Spotlight”.  This feature will be published on Mondays throughout the season)



Player:  Braxton McNulty - Captain

Number: 16

Hometown: Hanover

Position: Defense

Years on Varsity: 3

Youth Hockey Experience: I have played Hanover Wild all the way through.  I struggled when I was younger and went two years without making the top Hanover team and I was devastated.  However I decided then to just start having fun with the sport and I took it more lightly.  I then had an awesome Pee Wee and Bantam experience.  Wild was a very special part of my hockey days and I made some very close hockey friends. I wouldn’t change anything about it. 

Favorite Part of Playing for Hanover High:  There has been a lot of things but the mullet for playoffs is my highlight.

Best Team Hockey Moment: Beating BG at home last year

Best Personal Hockey Moment: When I was a squirt and I was in the squirt state tournament I decided to play goalie and I won as a goalie in a shootout. As a bantam I wound up as a shooter in a shoot-out which we won.  So there are not a lot of players that have won a shoot-out as both a shooter and player. 

Favorite Sport Besides Hockey:  Baseball

Favorite Professional Team:  Bruins

One Interesting Fact to Share About Myself:  When I was little I collected rubber ducks – I had over 150 of them.  I would order them off websites.  Recently I found my collection again and I was shocked that I had collected all of them.  Don’t worry though I didn’t start playing with them again.

Upcoming blogs this week:  Wednesday - game recap Nashua north; Friday - Hanover Hockey Hair spotlight; Saturday - game recap Exeter

No comments:

Post a Comment